ECCOMAS 2020 – 14th
WCCM CONSENT AND RELEASE
As a speaker in the ECCOMAS CONGRESS 2020 & 14th World Congress of Computational Mechanics (hereinafter designated as the “Congress”), I give to the Computational Structural Mechanics Association (hereinafter designated as "CSMA") the following authorizations:
Temporary Grant of Rights to Publish, Broadcast and Archive
- I grant the non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free right to use, publish, digitize, broadcast, reproduce, display, archive, or otherwise exhibit, in any format or medium on the Congress platform: (a) any materials, including written, audio, video and visual works that I submit for use in the Congress (collectively, the "Materials") and (b) any videotaped interviews of me. For the avoidance of doubt, the rights granted include the broadcast of my presentations as well as my participation in recorded live discussions. These rights are granted during the extended period of the Congress, i.e. from January 4, 2021 to February 4, 2021, during which delegates will have view-only access to the presentations.
- I acknowledge that the Materials will be manipulated, edited and archived by some service providers only in the purpose of the Congress. Service providers have been contractually engaged in the purpose of the Congress.
- I acknowledge that the Materials remain archived non-publicly during 12 months by CSMA and their service providers. During this period, I will be able to access the video of my presentation via the service provider (Slideslive). After the congress, I should contact directly Slideslive to access my video.
Retention of Intellectual Property
- Except for the rights expressly granted to CSMA above, I retain ownership of the intellectual property rights of the Materials.
- I am informed that CSMA will include the following notice on the page of the Publication on the website of the event: “Copyright to the individual works is retained by the author[s].”
- I am informed that the Materials remain accessible only to the delegates of the Congress.
- I guarantee that, to the best of my knowledge, my presentation and Materials do not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, or privacy rights), are factually accurate, and contain nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. Where necessary, I have obtained all third-party permissions and consents to grant the rights above.
- I hereby expressly release and forever waive any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, rights, damages, costs, attorney’s fees, losses and expenses which I may have against CSMA suffered by me as a result of or arising from my participation.
9. I commit to avoid potentially offensive actions, language and imagery or to warn the audience, at the beginning of the talk, and provide them with the opportunity to leave the room to avoid seeing or hearing the material if such actions, language, or imagery are necessary to convey my message.
Right to Withdraw Access
- I understand that CSMA reserves its right to remove contents and publications under its control from online access at any time for any reason. In case of a warning alleging that the published content may infringe third-party rights or may otherwise violate some law or regulation, CSMA will refer the complainant to the author or speaker and remove the access to the identified content or publication. CSMA may restore the material, at its discretion, when it deems appropriate. The author or speaker will be solely responsible for resolving the complaint. CSMA also may send the notice containing the allegations to Lumen (lumendatabase.org) and/or similar organizations.
By logging on to the conference website, I acknowledge that I have carefully read and understand this document and what it means with respect to my participation.
For any information concerning this consent and release form, consult the Help page on the website or contact the conference secretariat.